What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign® can give you the beautiful straight teeth you've always
wanted. It works through a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable
aligners that no one can tell you're wearing. So you can smile more during
treatment as well as after. Invisalign has been proven effective and is
widely available: More than 70% of orthodontists in the US and Canada are
certified to treat with Invisalign. Dr. Nguyen has used this treatment modality since 1998.
- Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Invisalign® uses a series of clear removable aligners (pictured to the left) to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices
- nationwide. In fact, over 70% of all U.S. orthodontists are certified to treat patients with
How Does Invisalign Work?
You wear each set of aligners for about 2-3 weeks, removing them only to
eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next
in the series, your teeth will move - little by little, week by week -
until they have straightened to the final position our Houston Dentist
has prescribed. You'll visit our Houston Dentist about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How Much Does It Cost?
As with other types of orthodontic treatment, the cost of Invisalign® is heavily dependent on the complexity of a patient's case. The cost is generally more expensive than traditional braces, however, since Align does charge us with an orthodontic workup fee (about $500 for computer analysis) and a construction fee (between
$1550-1800 for making the aligners).
The Invisalign price for some adult cases which only require minor tooth
movements can be significantly less than the regular fee. Some are as low
as $4000. A case can often be limited to the upper and lower front teeth.
The fee and treatment time for these cases is reduced.
The Invisalign price for full cases varies between $5,800 and $7,500 but
can sometimes be as low as $4000 depending on the difficulty of treatment.
Most adults require both upper and lower arch orthodontic treatment. The
fee for these cases is usually between $6200 and $6800.
How Are Aligners Made?
- Invisalign® can help you get the great smile you've always wanted because it's...
- Invisible, so no one can tell you're straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more during treatment as well as after.
- Removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing are no problem.
- Comfortable, because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your doctor's office getting adjustments.
The aligners are made through a combination of your orthodontist's or dentist's expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology. Aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn. Moreover, Invisalign® also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
You may be also interested in:
Old Braces and New Braces
This side-by-side comparison of braces old and new illustrates
the technological advances of the first 100 years of orthodontics.
Answers of the most common questions about Invisalign treatment.