Before IV sedation:
(1) Nothing to eat or drink by midnight. If the dentist prescribes pre-treatment
oral medication, then take the medication with a small sip of water.
(2) Arrange for someone to take you to the dental office AND stay there
with you during the surgery.
(3) Purchase all the necessary medications that you need to take after
the surgery (for example, pain killer and antibiotics).
(4) Read and Sign the CONSENT form for oral surgery and IV sedation and
bring them to the dental office.
After IV sedation:
(1) Have your
escort take you home and rest for the remainder of the day.
(2) Have an adult stay with you until you're fully alert.
(3) Don't perform any strenuous or hazardous activities and don't drive a motor
vehicle for the rest of the day.
(4) Don't eat a heavy meal immediately. If you're hungry, eat something light,
e. g. liquids and toast.
(5) If you experience nausea, lie down for a while or drink a glass of coke.
(6) Don't drink alcohol or take medications for the rest of the day unless
you've contacted your dentist first.
(7) Take medications as directed by your dentist.
(8) If you have any unusual problems, call your dentist.